Competent Communication

 My roommate is a competent communicator.  During professional conversations, she is clear and concise.  She controls her emotions during complex conversations.  She articulates her thoughts very well.  She displays confidence in her presentation when she communicates with others.  She also controls her body language when in a professional setting.  In her personal conversations, she communicates a little differently.  She will giggle when she makes a mistake, blush if she is embarrassed, and uses more body language.  


Understanding your personal communication style - why it is important -  Start2BU

https://www.start2bu.be/en/personal-communication-style/


I would like to communicate the way she does in a professional setting in all of my communications.  I would like to be able to control my emotions better, articulate my thoughts better, and control my body language so that it is fitting for the type of communication I have.  I know this will take practice and refocusing my thoughts.  But, I do think it can be done.  I feel I should communicate more like she does because she presents herself in a confident manner.  I want to come across as confident and secure in my communications, especially with parents.  


Comments

  1. Hi Rebecca

    Your roommate does sound like a very competent communicator. I also think that body language is very important as well in terms of communication. It's amazing that there are so many different details that go along with being a competent communicator

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sharing Web Resources (week 4)

Resources

Completing the Journey