When I Think of Research........

I feel my simulation is important to the field of early childhood because it provides evidence that the brain can grow/ develop neuron connections even when there is a deficit in brain development.  My simulation also supports why we do what we do.  Some early childhood educators learn early in their careers that interactions, language, and activities support brain development.  This will provide more support for why.

If I were to conduct my simulation, early childhood professionals, therapists (physical/occupational), neurologists, and children would benefit.  It would support early childhood professionals for why we do what we do; therapists for what they do to help children; neurologists for the studies and work they do; and children by minimizing the developmental delays and encouraging neuron growth and development overall. 

As a result of this course, my perceptions of early childhood professionals have been supported.  Early childhood professionals have a very important and under-appreciated roll in the lives of children.  Being responsible for the development of young children is hugely important because we are preparing them for their futures and developing skills that will carry them through the rest of their academic and social lives. 

Early childhood professionals conduct research at many levels while they work with children.  This course has shown me how important daily research is as well as formal research.  It has taught me not to be afraid or overwhelmed by the information in a research article.  It has taught me to read the research and understand the information.   I am very grateful for this course.

I want to thank all of my colleagues for sharing their insights and providing me feedback.  I appreciate all of the information you have shared with me. 

Comments

  1. Rebecca,

    Great post! Your simulation would benefit the early childhood field. There is supporting evidence that shows that the brain can grow even when there is a deficit in brain development. Understanding how the brain develops and changes in early childhood helps to monitor a child's progress. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sharing Web Resources (week 4)

Resources

Completing the Journey