Code of Ethics ...What resonates with me....


From the Division for Early Childhood, Code of Ethics: 


I.             5. “We shall use individually appropriate assessment strategies including multiple sources of information such as observations, interviews with significant caregivers, formal and informal assessments to determine children’s learning styles, strengths, and challenges." (2009)   


To me, this means that I will use a combination of the above to support the child. I will determine a child’s learning style, strengths and needs through a variety of measures to include assessments, observations and interviews with caregivers.  This way I will have a well-rounded approach to determine what the child needs to support his/ her learning.  It will also help to determine if, and when, I need to refer a child to special services, such as a speech evaluation or other evaluation.



II. 3. “We shall be responsible for maintaining the appropriate national, state or other credential or licensure requirements for the services we provide while maintaining our competence in practice and research by ongoing participation in professional development and education activities.” (2009)


To me, this means that I must always maintain the highest standard of the requirements, regardless of which source they come from. I must also continue my learning and professional development in the early childhood field.



From National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC)


I-1.5 “To create and maintain safe and healthy settings that foster children’s social, emotional, cognitive, and physical development and that respect their dignity and their contributions.” (2005)

         
   To me, this means that I will create an environment that is conducive to a child’s learning in all domains.  And, that environment will be safe and healthy.  This environment will also respect all aspects of a child to include their dignity and contributions to the learning and the environment as a whole.

            These items resonate with me because I do my best every day to meet them.  



Resources

The Division for Early Childhood. (2009, August). Code of Ethics. Retrieved October 16, 2019, from https://www.decdocs.org/member-code-of-ethics

NAEYC. (2005, April). Code of ethical conduct and statement of commitment. Retrieved May 26, 2010, from http://www.naeyc.org/files/naeyc/file/positions/PSETH05.pdf


Comments

  1. Your blog assignment for this week was very informative and I enjoyed how you explained how it relates to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rebecca,
    I am a firm believer that it is our responsibility as educators to keep up with trainings. I make it a goal of mines to take trainings that will enhance my skills as an educator and that will benefit my students. It is important to create environments that beneficial for the whole child. Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rebecca,
    Your blog reaffirms that as early childhood educators we must continue to maintain and follow the recommended "NAEYC" requirement. This will keeps us updated and informed of the guidelines necessary to service the children and their families effectively.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Rebecca,
    It is evident that you have not only a heart for children, but for policies and administration as well. I always enjoy your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Rebecca, it was a pleasure being your classmate. Thank you for your feedback. Good luck on your educational journey. Thank you for always posting on your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Proficient norms mean acting in a manner that embodies high good and moral measures. As I would see it, proficient guidelines are characterized by the expert information, expertise and conduct expected of AusIMM individuals.
    From a conduct viewpoint, it implies having exclusive expectations of moral conduct, for instance not letting the pressure or weights of the circumstance bargain approaching individuals with deference, and continually acting in a way that is sure and valuable.
    From an information side, proficient guidelines implies being qualified in the subject matter in which Genuine Leather Mens Coats capability is guaranteed. For instance, having experience or instruction to capability preform the undertaking required.

    ReplyDelete
  8. However, you and I both know, it’s so much easier said than done. I did end up losing all that weight, but I’ll admit that I was terrified about gaining it back, so I started restricting my food intake and doing way too much cardio. And I can’t tell you how many hours I spent starring at a mirror criticizing myself! Unfortunately, I ended up becoming bulimic. fitness with dina

    ReplyDelete
  9. As a student, de-motivation and fear of failure can really exhaust students and send you to depression mode. This is the reason, you cannot then enjoy the fruits of academic life like late night parties, social gatherings and relationship. speedycoursework

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sharing Web Resources (week 4)

Resources

Completing the Journey